Mutton Nargisi Biryani is a delicious and hearty dish perfect for any occasion. This traditional Indian recipe features tender pieces of mutton, sautéed onions, and aromatic spices, all cooked together to create a rich and flavorful dish. Whether you are looking for an easy weeknight dinner or are hosting a special gathering, Mutton Nargisi Biryani is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
So why wait? Get cooking with this easy and delicious recipe today!
– 1 pound mutton, cut into small pieces
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
– 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and soaked in water
– 1 tablespoon ghee or cooking oil
– Salt, to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the mutton pieces, chopped onion, cumin seeds, garam masala, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes, and salt.
2. Heat the ghee or cooking oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the mutton mixture and cook until the meat is browned and the onions are softened about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the soaked basmati rice and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors. Then, fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot. Enjoy!