Laccha Paratha is a type of flatbread that originates from the Indian subcontinent. It is made with whole wheat flour, water, and ghee or oil. The dough is kneaded into a smooth consistency and then left to rest for 30 minutes.
After resting, the dough is flattened and cut into thin strips. These strips are then rolled into coils and flattened again. The Laccha Paratha is then fried on a hot griddle until golden brown.
Laccha Paratha is usually served with pickles, yogurt, or chutney. It can also be served with curry or dal.
This Laccha Paratha recipe makes delicious, flaky, and crispy Laccha Parathas perfect for any meal. Make them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; they will be a hit with everyone!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ghee or oil
3/4 cup water
1. Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the ghee or oil and mix well.
2. Gradually add the water, mixing until you have a smooth, pliable dough. Knead the dough for several minutes until it is soft and supple. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a thin strip. Coil the strip of dough and flatten it again.
4. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease lightly with oil or ghee. Place the Laccha Paratha on the grill and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Repeat with the remaining dough, greasing the skillet as needed. Serve hot with pickles, yogurt or chutney, or your favorite curry or dal dish. Enjoy!
This Laccha Paratha recipe makes delicious, flaky, and crispy Laccha Parathas perfect for any meal. Make them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; they will be a hit with everyone! Try this Laccha Paratha recipe today and enjoy the goodness of homemade Laccha Parathas!